Documents required for Admission

Sr.No. Particulars of Documents Required Original / True Copy
1 Original School / College Leaving Certificate Original
2 Original Mark Sheet of qualifying exam with three attested copies. Original
3 Eligibility Certificate, if applicable. Original
4 Two attested copies of 10th Mark Sheet. True Copy
5 Four copies of recent passport size color photographs Original
6 Migration Certificate for students hailing from other Universities/Boards. Original
7 Gap Certificate, if the applicant has availed a time gap in his/her previous academic record Original
8 Certificate from school and original admit card in case applicant has done his/her 12th privately or through an Open University Original

University Enrolment Fees is applicable to every student enrolling for the first time with Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University.

Refundable Caution Money is to be paid by the student at the time of admission.

Students hailing from other Board / Universities shall have to pay migration fees.

Eligibility Fees to be paid to the University for obtaining eligibility certificate from the University.

Admissions of students, who have passed the qualifying examination from Board/ University other than Maharashtra State Board/ Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University, will be treated as PROVISIONAL – until the student submits the ELIGIBILITY CERTIFICATE, obtained from Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University, and other documents as mentioned in the admission procedure.


  1. Full fees is to be paid at the time of admission .
  2. Fees for all courses may be revised by the  University. Any increase, if applicable, is payable by the student during the academic year.
  3. Scholarship forms must be filled by the student within the prescribed time limit .
  4.  University Examination/Challenge Forms etc. must be filled in due time to avoid late fee.
  5. Fine shall be levied for late payment of fee or any other college dues.
  6. College prefers payment of fees by at par Cheque/Draft / NEFT / any other non cash methods.

Key Documents – Brief Description

Leaving Certificate/Transfer Certificate      :

Leaving Certificate (also known as Transfer Certificate)   is mandatorily required to seek admission to any full time Degree/Post Graduate Program of any College where the admission is being sought. The cited certificate is issued by the last School/College attended by the aspirant on seeking transfer to any other College/Institution.

It states all important information needed by any institute particularly  – Name of the candidate, Date of Birth and Result of last examination appeared as a regular student. It is usually issued on submitting application by the student concerned. Admission cannot be confirmed if the cited original certificate is not submitted by the aspirant.

Statement of Marks/Marksheet                  :

A Statement of Marks depicts the marks obtained by an examinee in the examination conducted by a Board/University/Autonomous College or any other authorized agency. Apart from this, it also shows the aggregate Marks scored by the examinee, his/her Percentage/Grade and Division along with Distinction, if any. It is valid only if endorsed by a competent authority.

Eligibility Certificate              :

Qualified students of other Board/Universities are mandatorily required to furnish Eligibility Certificate while seeking admission to any Degree/Post Graduate Program in any college affiliated to Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University, Nagpur.  This certificate is issued by the University on submitting prescribed application form along with attested copies of Statement of Marks of last qualifying examination.

Aspirants not falling in the cited category are not required to submit this certificate. Viz –Qualified students of Maharashtra State Board are not required to furnish this certificate while seeking admission to any program at RTMNU.

Migration Certificate                        :

Migration Certificate is issued by the Board/University when a student seeks transfer from one particular Board/University to another Board/University. It is again a mandatory document to confirm your admission in any College/School.

An attested copy of Transfer Certificate and Statement of Marks are usually required for facilitating the issuance of Migration Certificate by the pertinent University along with applicable fees. For Eg- A student from CBSE/ICSE  seeking admission in any college at RTMNU, needs to submit migration certificate .

 Gap Certificate           :

When a student seeks admission in any College/School after a gap of one or more academic years, he/she is required to furnish an affidavit on Rs. 100/- stamp paper averring the reason of academic Gap. This affidavit is known as Gap Certificate and is necessarily to be submitted to the college/school where the admission is being sought.

Bonafide Certificate  :

Bonafide Certificate is issued once the admission of a student is confirmed in any particular educational  Institution. It evinces that he/she is pursuing an educational program and is a legitimate and eligible student of that College/School during the specific academic year. A student needs to submit an application for getting the Bonafide Certificate for the Institution where he/she is studying.

Bonafide Certificate facilitates the issuance of Bus Pass, Pass Port, Validity Certificate, Scholarship and other such documents from the Government agencies concerned.

Caste Certificate        :

Caste Certificate certifies that an individual belongs to a particular caste and reserved category. It is an extremely useful document for students belonging to reserved category as it helps them to avail of various scholarships of Central Government, State Government and other relevant agencies concerned.

Domicile Certificate   :

A Domicile Certificate also known as Residence Certificate denotes that he/she is a resident of a particular State or Union Territory (UT). This Certificate is essential while seeking admission to certain Professional Degree/Post Graduate Programs and also in Government Jobs, in that particular State or UT from where it is issued.